FT: Frame (Twin) Rapide Serie B foot rest

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello,
Can you tell me if FT103 attaches to the F25/7 pedal from the outside or from the inside ?
Thank you.

Paul Coene

VOC Member
does this help ?

brake pedal.jpg

Michel

VOC Member
I think my F52/11 is unfortunately folded.

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpeg
    IMG_5770.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5771.jpeg
    IMG_5771.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 48

Paul Coene

VOC Member
Exactly, otherwise you'll risk getting the same patina scratches on the clutch cover as I have on mine:

brake pedal 2.jpg

I always wondered where those came from. Now I see, but when or where that happened will remain a mystery.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Paul Coene is nearly right, but the thin nut, 731 should be inside nut 91, as it appears in M021. See also fig. 16 in "Richardson".And it's F51/4 in the above post, but he's otherwise right 'n'all.

Michel

VOC Member
Hello,
A friend helped me rectify F52/11 and I inserted four FT201 (see picture). It’s better because FT101 or FT84/1 are now at a good distance from the cover, only FT102AS still touches. I screwed FT103 on the other side of the F25/7 pedal and it’s (of course) much better even if it’s not original. What surprises me is that the end of FT103 seems to have been calculated and formed for both ways of doing because it fits perfectly (see picture). The disadvantage is that FT102 is no longer in the good alignement of the notch in the upper part of F52/ 11 (see picture).
What do you think ?

PS: @ Chankly, in the 1989 Richardson's edition the fig.16 is exploded Serie D engine-gearbox

Attachments

• IMG_5783.jpg
    IMG_5783.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5784.jpg
    IMG_5784.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5785.jpg
    IMG_5785.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 41

Bowsh

Non-VOC Member
Another way to solve the problem is to make a spacer that goes on the shaft (may need longer shaft) Prior to the tapered sleeve being fitted. From your picture with the tape measure, it looks like you may have some sort of washer\shims already. You just might need to increase the thickness.