Mickthevin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
RANDY MAMOLA POSTER.jpg

this may be of interest to someone

vibrac

VOC Member
Steady on now :D Childhood hero? he won his first GP in 1980. Mike Hailwood (with Dan Shorey) won a Thruxton 500 before he was born

But then I regard the Stones as a modern (I once saw them as a supporting group)

Dont time fly when you are enjoying yourself....

G

Graham Smith

He's probably got no connection with Vincents (as far as I know), but I remember seeing him at the Laguna Seca Raceway, CA back in the early 1990s.

He was treated like a rock star, and was always a real favourite of mine.

If I lived a bit closer to Mick, I'd be up there like a shot - he's said to be a thoroughly down to earth and a 'real nice bloke'.

Last time I heard anything about him, he was involved with something to do with medical motorcycles in Africa.

Saying something like 'Why should any VOC member be interested in Randy Mamola? Has he any connection with Vincents?' is like saying 'Why would any VOC member be interested in the Isle of Man TT. The Vincent connection disappeared years ago'.

Just my thoughts.

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Graham, it was just an innocent question about Mr. Mamola. I didn't realise I'd touched a raw nerve but your analogy with the IOM TT is hardly valid. I see no reason why people should not be attracted to the Island despite there being no possibility of anyone competing on a Vincent.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Hey, think how boring it would be if we all thought alike.......? Viva La Difference!!
Caveat: those idiot Tea Partiers:eek:
Cheers, John

Mickthevin

Non-VOC Member
Randy mamola

Why should any VOC member be interested in Randy Mamola? Has he any connection with Vincents?

BECAUSE HE RIDES A MOTORCYCLE AND WAS /IS VERY GOOD AT IT
The quote above can be said to be typical of some of the members of the VOC want their lives and the VOC preserved in aspic.
We were not making any money from his appearance as ALL profits went to the Riders for Health charity which provides motorcycles for medically qualified personnel to access previously inaccessible areas all over Africa
I posted the original post because I thought some of the members may be interested in meeting him along with Bradley Smith

Graham, it was just an innocent question about Mr. Mamola. I didn't realise I'd touched a raw nerve but your analogy with the IOM TT is hardly valid. I see no reason why people should not be attracted to the Island despite there being no possibility of anyone competing on a Vincent.

So if thats the case why shouldnt people be interested in meeting someone who is world famous for riding motorcycles and was born after1920

Mick

Last edited by a moderator: