G: Gearbox (Single - Burman) Oval Slots

Pushrod Twin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good work Dave. I have completed the first gearbox overhaul which involved replacing all three cases. The cases and other parts were sourced from Sebastian Mciver in Yorkshire, he can be found on FB Burman page if you are into that. They were in remarkably good condition, the inner case even had G97 Comet marking on, although the main case is from a Panther. I retrieved the PR50-60X/9 stud from the smashed case, it was still straight, and it was a good fit in the cases so there was no need to dowel the cases. :)

Attachments

• 20230225_145300.jpg
    20230225_145300.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230225_145321.jpg
    20230225_145321.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 31

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good work Dave. I have completed the first gearbox overhaul which involved replacing all three cases. The cases and other parts were sourced from Sebastian Mciver in Yorkshire, he can be found on FB Burman page if you are into that. They were in remarkably good condition, the inner case even had G97 Comet marking on, although the main case is from a Panther. I retrieved the PR50-60X/9 stud from the smashed case, it was still straight, and it was a good fit in the cases so there was no need to dowel the cases. :)
New Zealand roads eh? :D

davg1607

Forum User
VOC Member
Heavens above, your pictures make my problem seem very tame!