Old VOC cast Club emblem

Jim Bush

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My son surprised me on my birthday with this little beauty. I am thinking this is from the 70's as I have not seen many around. I know the red is added but it is cool looking. Any info on these club emblems would be appreciated.

I am wondering if the SPARES would be putting out something like this again. I do have a modern shiny one, but I was reluctant to put that on the bike as it doesn't match the era of the bike like this one does.

VOC Emblem.jpg

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I don't know how many variations there have been over the years, but older ones I have seen were cast quite a bit thicker than later ones.

Alyson

VOC Member
Some of the early ones have a makers mark on the reverse side (these were made in Birmingham I believe), also, I've seen versions where the "U" in Club extends into the lightning bolt. Yes there are a few versions out there. And you can never have just one !

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I have the same on my Rapide as seen in the photo. The version on my comet is slightly different and was given to me by the late Vaughan Greene of the American scene.

Excuse the silly guy talking about Vincents. I was invited by the local Vintage car cub to give a talk about Vincents and my recent travels to different Vincent Rally's.

Best,

Gene.
1709627102849.jpeg

KDJ

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Me's wants one! My DMs are open if anyone has one they want to - or are willing to - part with.