Kickstart for twin on rearsets?

jim burgess

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have seen Norvins that use Honda kickstarts that fold at the bottom end, i.e. down at the kickstart shaft not up at the top... So you have a shorter straight kickstart.
Jim

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Honda type kickstart on my norvin, since changed the gearlinkage to a normal type to match gearpattern on most of my other bikes.
Chris.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
This is mine.
001.JPG

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
I have a honda cb 750 kicker on mine It's not worth a cold cup of p-ss! Those clever Phils screwed-up big time on this issue . There is only around 45 degrees of movement available with the standard arrangement. Look at the above picture- the kicker starts-out at 90 degrees , never mind the big bend, so when you fit a conventional arm you run out of movement at around half stroke! I'm firmly convinced that the big, ugly, kicker wes made to disguise this short coming in the design. Don't get we wrong, my rap is a wonderful old servant, but one must wonder what went through their brains when "inventing" somethig so flawed.

Howard

VOC Member
Hi Bill, still looking good.

What's that screen?

I seem to remember seeing you at a Rider's Rally without the white cowl you used to have, and you'd thrown it over a hedge on the way to the rally because it was rattling - did you collect it on the way home?

Howard

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Howard, I forget !! But it sounds like me ! History is repeating it's self, I have bought a cheap 2 point fixing type for the Comet, And it's driving me Mad ! Every time I give it one, It shifts or breaks something. One more time and Lookout Hedge !!. The one on the Twin is from USA, National Cycle, Street Shield, 4 point fixing !, I think you can get them over here, But I was short of cash !. But being me, I think I took an inch or two off the top !. Nice to see you are still getting out on the Egli + Comet !! All The Best, Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Same as Ian, Don't know where I got the photo, But I think it's home made, I get Cramp, Looking at it, But it is BIG, Cheers Bill.
IMG_5169.jpg