Kickstart for twin on rearsets?

phamik

New Forum User
VOC Member
Has anyone used (or knows of) a kickstart that does not foul the gear lever of a twin when it has been reversed to use the rear footrests?
I want to try a different riding position as my left hip sometimes cramps up with the standard set-up, however I get no problems when riding my modern Aprilia Tuono which has a similar position to the twin with rearsets.

litnman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Kick Lever.jpg

litnman

VOC Member
Here's one that would work. You wouldn't need the last bend unless you had Lightning non folding foot rests. This one came with the Auger Lightning but was never used as they were using nitro.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Here's one that would work. You wouldn't need the last bend unless you had Lightning non folding foot rests. This one came with the Auger Lightning but was never used as they were using nitro.

Was the G83 shaft also custom, like the 1/4" longer one now available?

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
That's what I did with mine, But you have lost a bit of leverage, And you have to start by swinging with the valve lifter in use, I lent mine to a friend, A big strong bloke who broke it !! Cheers Bill.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just had a thought, On my road twin, ie standard bike ish, I use the rear footrests in a forward position, And a small plate to bring the standard gear lever back a bit, and a standard kickstart, Just lift the footrest, Start and fold down, No good if you want someone on the back, And OK I have Big feet ! Cheers Bill.