Iis7

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is it just me, or has anyone else had IIS7 intercept their attempt to get on to this site?

H

Howard

VOC Member
I've got the VOC in my favourites. When I click on it a big IIS7 logo comes up in the middle of the screen. If I click on that, it's some sort of Microsoft program that I don't want, but it won't go away. I've redone my favourites now to get round it. Just another Microsoft intrusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

G

Graham Smith

There hasn't been anything change on this forum site since the beginning of May, but on our other site www.voc.uk.com Bill Parr is in the process of moving servers.

The move started today (18th July), so it wouldn't affect the Section Reviews and Reports for MPH.

Normally it takes about 48hrs for the DNS servers to propagate on the internet, but sometimes it can be much, much quicker.

Basically, if you're seeing that 'dodgy' IIS7 screen, you're still looking at the old server.

If on the other hand, you see the normal website, your ISP has the new DNS server stored.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Graham

A_HRD

VOC Member
Howard,

I just googled IIS7 and quickly became overwhelmed by equal measures of confusion and boredom.

Thank goodness for Apple Macs :cool:

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

vibrac

VOC Member
Howard,

I just googled IIS7 and quickly became overwhelmed by equal measures of confusion and boredom.

Thank goodness for Apple Macs :cool:

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

Well if we must be techie never mind apple mac whats the matter with 'Apache' gotobe the most popular server and leaves IIS7 in the dust

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks for the replies. It seems to have sorted itself today. So back to normal ?

H