ET: Engine (Twin) How's Your Stream?

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I haven't checked the Vincent's prostate for a long time, maybe it's due.
Normally for an oil change the banjo bolt gets loosened off a few threads and the oil dribbles out very slowly.
This time around the banjo was removed as it will be replaced with the small drain plug type.
I was a bit surprised at the relatively small flow with the banjo bolt out. I don't think It wouldn't keep up to a two start.
The oil is cool here, about 50f. It has to work its way around the screen and tank valve, then on down. Still, it seems a trifle anemic. Don't want to disturb the tank fittings, but the old girl does need her oil flow.
Is your stream bigger than mine?

Glen
IMG_20220517_140959.jpg
IMG_20220517_140925.jpg

Nigel Spaxman

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I drilled my bolt and installed a little drain plug so that I wouldn't have to disturb the sealing of the whole assembly each time I change the oil. I don't think mine drains that fast either, but I have the banjo bolt that is necked down a bit to allow more flow. The oil pump doesn't flow very much anyway. The similar banjo bolt I have on the breather pipe I have marked so that I can make sure the hole in the bolt is lined up with the pipe. I guess it might be possible to do something similar with the oil supply system.