Fuel/Tanks H.R.D. and Mercury Crest Decals - Discussion?

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Morning All,

Just to let the Forum know that I have had Adam at Classic Transfers in the UK produce vinyl HRD/Vincent and Mercury Crest in black outline for Series A machines following my own research, Back to A, Original Vincent, this thread and finally "it is my bike".

Adam made the similar transfers that John Kidd had made some years ago.

I don't make anything from it, Adam now offers them if you contact him on classictransfers.co.uk or service@classictransfers.co.uk or +44-1454-260-596

Extremely helpful chap. Highly recommended.

Hope that's helpful.

Stuart

flashvin

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Morning All,

So I'm learning, and would like to hear Forum Users views on the discussion of the border colour (White or Black) of HRD and Mercury Crest transfers.

I've read John Kidd's analysis in B2A.

I've looked at photos page 134.

I've studied photos pages 7 and 17 of Original Vincent.

I understand Neal Videan may have produced and offered black outline HRD and Mercury Crest transfers as part of his A Rapide project and his spare parts offering.

I have not yet found any European supplier (VOC or otherwise) offering black outline HRD and Mercury Crest.

My analysis is that it is highly possible that black outline HRD and Mercury Crest could have been applied originally to my 1938 HRD Series A Comet.

I.am currently pursuing a source of black outline HRD and Mercury Crest transfers, partly as I am restoring my bike as an homage to my father's Series A, partly as I deduce this may be original and I'm loosely following originality where I think it makes sense and finally as its my bike and I prefer the look of the black outline on a red stainless and black stainless tank.

Are any other members able to offer any light to the question...what would have been the original factory applied transfer outline colour in 1938?

Regards

Stuart
Classic Transfers UK has what your after. I just ordered some. I had to contact them specifically about the prewar Series A spec transfers as they were not up on their website catalog . They do have them and informed me they have now added them .