Godet Grey Flash Team MotoGallur 2018 Island Classic

Vince Farrell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In that case it is about time they were changed, from the Ark we have battleships, I was told by the last Chairman he would put it to the community that was 4 years back still waiting for the answer.

If you want to change the club rules Get a seconder and submit to the AGM. If the majority agree with you they will be changed, if not they'll stay as they are.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
If this helps, I made a nomination last year and it is pretty easy to write a comprehensive but brief citation if you know the nominee well, and you can also get some help from others who feel the nominee deserves the honor. In the case of a very well known member, most will have an opinion without needing all the facts in the citation, but the text is not just a description of why the honor is deserved, it also serves as a draft for the final official citation. Gill was very helpful and I was impressed by her response and support. Unfortunately, as I remember, only one member per year can be so honored so if anyone is of a mind to nominate someone, the earlier the better.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I believe all nominations are treated equally, so it doesn’t matter who submits first, but yes, only at most one per year can make it through the process to be voted on.

davidd

VOC Member
Congratulations to Luis, Patrick and the whole team. Quite a feat!

This was the latest photo from Luis:

IMG_0380.JPG

David

lusgallur

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thankyou all for your comments . I am the Luis Gallur that David Dunfey has been kind enough to acknowledge .

It should be noted that the geometry of the Girdraulics was the contribution of David's racing experience with his own original Flash .

The Flash is lapping at the same pace as the 500 Eglis

It has encourage us to take it to the IoM this year .
We took the bike off the plane 5 days before Phillip Island put fuel in it , pumped up the tyres and washed the windscreen !

Patrick says if one of the best bikes he has ever made . 4 from 4 wins ZI am inclined to believe him !

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I think this is called banter between Father and Son, I have ridden Vincents since 1965, my Son was brought up with them in his life, but as he became of age he went Japanese and also took up racing with BEMSEE, quite successfully as it happens. I suppose I started the banter originally by making disparaging remarks about anodyne Jap Crap, a term we used in the sixties, anyway my Son has bitten back many times, this morning for instance I thought the picture of Cam Donald on the Godet Grey Flash was so beautiful I sent him the picture along with a few more disparaging remarks about his preference, his reply was "I've said it before, you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter, should just about be able to enter it in the BEMSEE MZ 250 Challenge, with a handicap of course!" I think he was only kidding, he loves them really, but I am thinking about my Will........

Albervin

VOC Member
Here is another shot of Levi and some chap. Ironically the lad in the middle looks like the lad in the photo above. Apparently he burnt his had on an exhaust pipe ! I think most Vincent owners would be sympathetic to this . Levi won one race and came 2nd in two others on the Godet Vincent . He said the bike is great to ride . A real credit to Patrick keeping the Vincent name alive View attachment 19699 .View attachment 19698
That is Maxime with the bandaged hand. Son of the builder of Luis's bike. A 19 year old with a passion. He burnt his hand on a hot exhaust and carried on.