RIP Frank Griffin

G

Graham Smith

Frank Griffin preparing to cook the fried eggs at the South London Section's Hever Rally.

DSC_0001.jpg

ray vinmad

VOC Drawings Manager
VOC Member
Another Club Corner Stone & family friend gone.
His last message to us via Bruce was-
"Frank insists on you raising a couple of pints to his name…. and only tell the good stories… otherwise he’ll be pissed off."

Our condolences to Bruce & the family. A great loss to us all.

Frank and Andy.jpg

delboy

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Long, long ago when I barely knew him, he offered me out of the blue, a strings-free loan to help me through a tricky spot.
Then subsequently became a brilliant friend.
Some 25 or more years ago, I twisted his arm to be our Tech' team draughtsman and draw all the Vincent bits, and a wonderful job he made of it. [He was even approached once to draw the Merlin engine]
So many stories.
Many moons, laughs and beers later, I'm sad he had to leave.
So long Frankie, we had a lot of fun.
Derek.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Farewell Frank, what a brilliant chap! I found his collaboration with EMGS "Shedding Light on Obscure Components " fascinating. I believe that Frank did a revision of the Richardson book. A lovely man who like me was a fan of the Goon Show.

teunvandriel

VOC Member
After we had already been informed by Frank's son Bruce last week that his father's health was very poor, the news of the death of our good friend Frank Griffin is still unexpected.
In 1977, Frank was one of the founders of the Dutch Section, where he was Section Organiser several times in the following years. We wish Bruce and family lots of strength.
R.I.P.
Teun and Nel van Driel