FT: Frame (Twin) Damper Identification

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THE MAKE ETC OF THESE DAMPERS PLEASE, Rear one is strangely offset at lower end so not parralell with spring boxes which possibly gives greater travel?
Front is normal shape cylindrical centres, both have pressure adjusters
I have seen Koni, Ikon, Avo etc but never these, possibly bought through MPH in the past 5 years ?
Thank you.
Kerry.

Attachments

• P1050977.JPG
    P1050977.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 37
  • P1050975.JPG
    P1050975.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 37

kerry

VOC Member
Appreciate replies, also pleased that they are Avo from Northampton not far from me, but I fitted a front Avo on a D a couple of years ago with coil over on rear too, I am thought the front one was a bit different to this but maybe my memory is not too good.

timetraveller

VOC Member
The dampers have changed over the years. Every now and then I sell a JE steering head kit to someone who bought an AVO several years ago and from their comments there some differences.

kerry

VOC Member
That would explain it then, thank you, nice to have UK made dampers on a British Bike.

vibrac

VOC Member
Very early on I bought an avo damper (no springs) for a set of girdralics used on the single racer back then they only had car units I remember the top eye was about 3/4" in diameter and about 3/8 wide I cut it down to fit the top lug slot and made and pinned an eccentric steel bush inside the eye to line up with the cross bolt I used it for many seasons

kerry

VOC Member
The ones I sent the photo of have grease nipples fitted too which I had not seen before on an Avo, but Avo they must be and work very well, not too stiff.