Comet Day

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Chalk another one up to the Libertarian LH side of the Atlantic the DVLA on airstrip 1 would clap you in irons for that engine change

Mike T

VOC Member
Chalk another one up to the Libertarian LH side of the Atlantic the DVLA on airstrip 1 would clap you in irons for that engine change
Haha! I don't believe Ted had a spare Comet engine in the first place, hence the heart transplant, which the body seems to have accepted quite well ;)

vibrac

VOC Member
To clarify my comment it was not meant to criticise the machine: good luck to all who modify. but it was aimed at the UK bureaucrats in the DVLA who could date a motorcycle by its youngest component, (the engine in this case) and will then insist the vehicle conforms to all the legal requirements pertaining to that date and may (dependant on their points system) crown the lot with a Q plate

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I watched the final cut yesterday with lunch on the T.V. yesterday. Much better than on the computer screen, found myself leaning in some of the bends.:rolleyes: Very good, liked it a lot.
Steven

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Also the Quality of the filming and sound is very good.
Maybe needs a bigger Zoom ??, That John was getting away at the front at one time !!, Just a bit of Fun, Top job, Cheers Bill.

Oldhaven

VOC Member
Why does the Ducati engine sound as clattery as a well worn Vincent twin in that frame? Oil tank empty?

I see Ted used the Thornton for Bramptons on the front of this one too. Nice work.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
If he tipped the Engine round a bit, To make a V instead of an L, And rubbed the Ducati signs off the engine, Who would know it was not a Vin' !!.
Some one asked me if my Comet was a Rapide !!. Cheers Bill.