HB: Handlebars Clutch/Brake levers

Bill Cannon

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
After an aborted run to a Suffolk/Norfolk meet a few weeks ago due to cramp in my hips, I have admitted that I'm too old for clip-ons on a road bike.

I'm fitting Repro Vincent bars to my Egli but can't find a source for brake and clutch lever assemblies. I particularly need levers with pivot centres of 1.25" and for 7/8th bars.

Any ideas?
Bill

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Sorry about that I missed the .1, my eyes saw 1.25.
I have a pair of dog leg Tomosalli Matador's on the Norvin (Norton box Commando clutch) they come out at 30mm centres and the clutch has always cleared fine, but I've had them 20 years and they were 2nd hand then so I don't know what they are now.
Do you know there are two different gearbox lift "cams" dominator and commando.

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
Sorry about that I missed the .1, my eyes saw 1.25.
I have a pair of dog leg Tomosalli Matador's on the Norvin (Norton box Commando clutch) they come out at 30mm centres and the clutch has always cleared fine, but I've had them 20 years and they were 2nd hand then so I don't know what they are now.
Do you know there are two different gearbox lift "cams" dominator and commando.
I can buy replica ones very cheaply on Ebay, just waiting for the pivot dimension.
My bike has the Vincent gearbox but already has a very modified release arm to increase the lift.
Thanks Bill

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
I do Chris but it came with the bike although since then I have changed to a Surtees-Quaife 5 speed. It's belt drive but fits OK. The splines are not an exact match but I cant feel any backlash in use. Done about 10,000 miles in total (over 27 years, how disgraceful is that?)
Bill

Chris Launders

VOC Member
No doubt you've been busy, I've been really happy with the one on the Norvin and wondered about one as a replacement if the standard clutch on my Shadow ever goes west, I've used a "normal" Norton clutch on it before but it always dragged.
Chris.