FF: Forks Brampton fork with coilover suspension unit.

aluminiumbronze

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Vincent, can you please post some more pics of how you are installing the works performance (Thornton) coil over on the Brampton’s, is it a special order unit?

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
i did put in the last ones than... the new alu part is pivoting over hard bronze "still" bushes.
2017-12-16 17.52.32.jpg

greg brillus

VOC Member
Looks good, but once sitting on it's wheels it wont have much travel left in that shock absorber shaft, perhaps 25 mm at best. Remember the angle of the links on a Brampton equipped bike is just as important as all the mods we did for the Girdraulics.

vibrac

VOC Member
I wonder who made mine? I got it on a NA rally (Mt st Helens) it was from California, Its fitted to the alpabet twin
It has a neat set of mounting plates and studs that enable the existing spring anchor to be retained and does not just rely on what was a head lamp bracket
1513545344546.png

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I wonder who made mine? I got it on a NA rally (Mt st Helens) it was from California, Its fitted to the alpabet twin
It has a neat set of mounting plates and studs that enable the existing spring anchor to be retained and does not just rely on what was a head lamp bracket
View attachment 18385
Hi Tim,
I'm pretty sure that is one done up by Robert Watson.

davidd

VOC Member
Yes, I think John is correct. Robert had 20 made? I think the design was done without Gil's input and he did not like the mounting on the headlamp stay because it was not designed for the load.

David