Black Lightning powered race cars

Flylow

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Most Engine Numbers are already out there , getting the mating number is a bit different

Totally agree that this is the saving grace!

Still, the first time I was on Bonneville Salt Flats racing my Black Lightning, 'someone' rubbed the salt off my freshly painted engine with his finger to see the mating numbers.

I have come to the conclusion that the more information/documentation there is on my bike the more difficult it will be to pass off a fake version of it as the original.

Last edited:

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Totally agree that this is the saving grace!

Still, the first time I was on Bonneville Salt Flats racing my Black Lightning, 'someone' rubbed the salt off my freshly painted engine with his finger to see the mating numbers.

I have come to the conclusion that the more information/documentation there is on my bike the more difficult it will be to pass a fake version of it as the original.
While he was bent over your engine, I hope you took the opportunity to rearrange his testicles with your boot.

Doug68

Forum User
VOC Member
This is a Cooper with a twin in it, the label says it was built in NZ. Whether or not it's a Lightning motor I have no idea.
I think these were mostly made for 500cc engines, looking at the suspension etc., I'd expect it to be a proper handful with the twin motor.

ABLVV84lNzAyHsAM7ORwxcHUSsE3S2LhLPcNnRCcIxqb4Dg_NO5opkvbhxLj_9KACHWoWMFWRWBcCaOIVNobZlYzW9yqyCTaO82VwX4BLIva2tXIOakwubc-PectCAFNtGxuYhqpeuqOKUlDkqPMMCU8UKTPAw=w891-h1979-s-no

ABLVV87DdaLxNDoNXb5Pi9fhJHapUtPyt76rKoo0k0zO7wUXXMEuBMXXiYXqIQlHtnf2R9TtGrH8UXH30O4UoElNl1z-5KKvMJZvV7rzJUSKJxCaVQVIUgIr7GuVQ-ehLChwTk3I8n0Q0lYOOzSJe3zENV3QBg=w891-h1979-s-no