Who is Ron Vane

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have been asked by a friend about who is Ron Vane, an ex Ron Vane Rapide is on Car and Classic for sale and he is interested in buying a Rapide asap, wants a correct one though.

G

Graham Smith

The late Ron Vane was an Honorary Member of the VOC, and was also on the Club's Rider's Roll of Honour.

His son Mark, remains a Member of the VOC and is also a keen owner and rider of an immaculate Black Shadow that is detailed in Ron's obituary.

At Fairford and Elvington in September 1972, Ron broke six records as follows:
Flying-start kilometre: 126.41mph (National and World Record);
Flying-start quarter mile: 129.58mph (National Record);
Standing-start kilometre: 22.995 seconds (86.05mph, National and World Record);
Standing-start mile: 36.68 seconds (98.14mph, National and World Record);
Standing-start quarter mile: 13.915 seconds (64.718mph, National and World Record);
Flying-start mile: 120.84mph (National and World Record).

You can also read more about Ron here:

kerry

VOC Member
Wow, thank you for interesting comprehensive info, I will forward to my friend, very interesting, will read it myself tomorrow too, just trying to help get him a Rap.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Ron was another Top Vincent Club Man, Like Brian Chapman,
Always found time for a Chat, Nice Bloke.

Attachments

• IMG_20210330_083252 (2).jpg
    IMG_20210330_083252 (2).jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 16

kerry

VOC Member
Thank you for further info, I read about Ron this morning, incredible Man and his Machines, EBX625 is his old bike and is for sale on car and classic, it is currently in England and a friend is hoping to view, it is a 1948 B without Brampton's, looks really nice, I have told him to contact Simon for further information and to look at Rapide's for sale at our spares Company.
Kerry.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thank you for further info, I read about Ron this morning, incredible Man and his Machines, EBX625 is his old bike and is for sale on car and classic, it is currently in England and a friend is hoping to view, it is a 1948 B without Brampton's, looks really nice, I have told him to contact Simon for further information and to look at Rapide's for sale at our spares Company.
Kerry.
Kerry,
if your friend does go to see it, ask him to obtain photos of all the numbers as we don't appear to have them all on our system. It's a non-matching machine as you may already be aware but its still worth getting Simon Dinsdale or myself to check it out before he buys it.
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher