Welcome To New Forum Website Member - OMU 183

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@OMU 183 - welcome to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is far more than just an online forum - we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

OMU 183

Forum User
VOC Member
Good afternoon from Sunny Dorset. Always had a passion for fine engineering, over the years I have ridden a lot of the rest and now its time to ride the best.

What started all this? Well it was my late Uncle who took his new Bride to Germany on a 1950 Rapide back in the sixties. Some years later he sold the bike to a chap who I met some years ago when I was making enquiries. Its always good to remember the stories you were told as a youngster. This old boy (probably passed away now) flipped through his Telindex and picked out who he sold it to. I have since..............embarrassingly misplaced the scrap of paper but remember it was out near Crewkerne. The chap told me a brief but invigorating story................"Yes I remember, I bought it off a German chap" he extolled. priceless.

I hope to bump into some of you at some meets. I will be the one who apparently looks younger than he is and will struggle to put both feet down when astride my dream.

Cheers and ride safe Clint (VOC Member but still in the red) ;)

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hello Clint
I assume from your noms de plume the registration of your Uncles bike was OMU 183. I do know a little about the bike but unfortunately I don't currently know where it is, but it has survived as the DVLA have it listed as taxed for road use.
If you want you can contact me at: registrar998@voc.uk.com

Simon Dinsdale
VOC Machine Registrar