Misc: Everything Else Tar in the tank

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a tank that has been left for 30 ish years with petrol in it !the volatile's are long gone whats left is a brown tar I guess E10 so called petrol will have an effect but will take time any other ideas? of course the tank is immaculate outside.. typical!

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Are you in a rush ? I once got a pair of Delorto's that were gummed solid, I put them in the bottom of my parts wash, (it was a diluted orange liquid from Clark they sold to go with the parts washer), I forgot about them for a few months but when I pulled them out there wasn't a trace of anything on them, even the brass jets were spotless. So you could mix up something similar and leave it in the tank for a while.

PapyG

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello, take a look at the products from Restom

oexing

VOC Member
But really unhealthy, a headache stuff - and that is only a minor effect on you. Better try other thinners.

Vic

erik

VOC Member
You have to wear cloves and Keep your nose away,best done outside in Fresh air.but this is very strong in thinning! If you regularly eat salad from Holland watered with Rhine water ,it`s no Problem to your Health! Erik