Shell Aeroshell Fluid 2XN

brian gains

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Just putting feelers out, does anyone know of a source for this product at less than £20+vat a litre. At that price I would just look for more exotic engine oil instead of an additive.

RSK1342

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just putting feelers out, does anyone know of a source for this product at less than £20+vat a litre. At that price I would just look for more exotic engine oil instead of an additive.
Aeroshell Fluid 2XN is a corrosion preservative concentrate for protecting infrequently used engines. It uses an ashless anti-corrosion additive package and highly refined mineral based oils to protect internal engine surfaces from the effects of humidity.

brian gains

VOC Member
I ride very infrequently in the winter and had a pushrod 'jump' at the end of the (my) riding season. I didn't pull the head but all appears to be in order and no sign of damage apart from the banjaxed pushrod but wanted to introduce some precautions/
However, a friend of a friend has a light aircraft he stores at an airfield locally so fingers X'd I can obtain a litre or so there.
I am quite happy to kick motors through over winter but not a fan of starting up and heating through a standing machine.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
After seeing the dismal results in the oil testing of Aeroshell motor oil, it's a name brand I would avoid.

Glen

Last edited:

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Bit late to this party but I think it could be a useful reply. I use Penrite oil in all my bikes and I know they have a product called storage oil, which is intended to prevent internal engine corrosion during storage. They have a uk distributor/stockist called Classic Oils.