PR: Proprietary Items Shadow Right Angle Speedometer Drive

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have found an original Smiths right angle speedo drive in my box of bits. I am not sure if it is suitable for a 5" Speedo though. It probably came in a box of stuff that had a head, headlight or Miller tail light. The part number(s) are: BG 2410/00-A. If someone can tell me if it is suitable I would appreciate it. Thanks

erik

VOC Member
windy corner treffen 040.JPG

erik

VOC Member
I think this is a replica speedometer.The ligature is to save the upper cover because I once lost it.Erik

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
If you have the time to read through it, and who hasn't at the moment, there is a load of info about the different speedometers & gearboxes etc fitted to Vincents on this website:

I cannot guarantee any of the info is accurate or not though.

Simon

Albervin

VOC Member
If you have the time to read through it, and who hasn't at the moment, there is a load of info about the different speedometers & gearboxes etc fitted to Vincents on this website:

I cannot guarantee any of the info is accurate or not though.

Simon
What DQ doesn't know about Smiths, Jaeger etc. is not worth knowing.

erik

VOC Member
The gears and bushes are okey,but when you drive there is a preload on the upper cover which is only hold by small dents in situ.I bondet it now with locktite and for security reasons i wired it.Erik

Albervin

VOC Member
The gears and bushes are okey,but when you drive there is a preload on the upper cover which is only hold by small dents in situ.I bondet it now with locktite and for security reasons i wired it.Erik
Yes, poor design. I lost one on the road.