Road Tax Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I see DVLA are still sending Road Tax renewal, Saying "Needs an MOT "
The Nice Lady at the Post Office, JOKE, Says She can't give me mine on my Comet, NO MOT !.
I said I have been doing it for 5 years, Like talking to a Brick Wall !.
After a bit She gives me a ticket, She said She had Bypassed it, Whatever that means ?.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I see DVLA are still sending Road Tax renewal, Saying "Needs an MOT "
The Nice Lady at the Post Office, JOKE, Says She can't give me mine on my Comet, NO MOT !.
I said I have been doing it for 5 years, Like talking to a Brick Wall !.
After a bit She gives me a ticket, She said She had Bypassed it, Whatever that means ?.
Why not bypass the "Nice Lady" and do it on line Bill? It seems quite easy to do.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
You cannot mess it up Bill. It will either work, or not work. It will not leave you in a situation where you cannot sort it out with Nice Lady, if needs be. You need to hand the Road Tax Reminder letter, or the V5. You can get a confirmation email, or text message, if you provide the details. It can be done at any time and in any weather, plus should take way under 5 minutes. What is there not to like? If my memory serves me right it might still say you need a MOT, but when you do the application it sales through OK if your vehicle is MOT exempt. The confirmation puts your mind at rest to boot.

Give it a go next time.

I have a few days ago SORNed my van online. The refund cheque has already arrived and my wife has just banked it using an online App (now here I am lost).

John Cone

VOC Member
I received a final warning letter about taxing or sorning my prince, never got a reminder in the first place. Doing it on line does away with the faffing about an MOT

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes do it on line it is very simple in fact it must be one of the few .gov sites that is
to build up confidence go on line to see if you bike is taxed it uses many of the same sub routines so you can try them without any problems or permanent changes

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I told Her twice it was Historic, But She just got more and more Ratty,
Some time ago when Covid started, She came out on to the pavement, And asked us all
To move over a foot, To let others pass, The Pavement it 20 feet wide there !!,
She is just a PAIN.

Roslyn

Non-VOC Member
use a different post office ? go online so easy just input the details on the reminder click yes to tax it all done sorted for 12 months I do my best to avoid my village post office unless I wish to start another weird and wonderful rumour off.

Status
Not open for further replies.