Ride out

Bill Cannon

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Out for a nice ride today (sorry on a BMW) but saw a nice Comet outside someones garage, looked like it was getting ready for a blast. This was in Kedington outside Haverhill in Suffolk. So if it was you wondering why someone on a BMW was waving, I hope you had a lovely ride.
Cheers Bill

DDOC

Forum User
VOC Member
Out for a nice ride today (sorry on a BMW) but saw a nice Comet outside someones garage, looked like it was getting ready for a blast. This was in Kedington outside Haverhill in Suffolk. So if it was you wondering why someone on a BMW was waving, I hope you had a lovely ride.
Cheers Bill
I live in haverhill and came through kedington at about 3.30 on my rapide didn't see anyone, be nice to know who the owner is, maybe we could meet up

kerry

VOC Member
Four of us went 70 miles yesterday from around Bedfordshire to Grafham water, I saw lots of bikers but NOT ONE old English classic apart from the one I was on, Where were they !! even my friends were on later bikes, I could keep up OK as they sensibly keep to speed limits but I was on my RGS which can just about keep with most, I have put that away now in favour of my D Vincent. Nice weather yesterday, really cold today with snow flurries too.

vibrac

VOC Member
Must have missed me on the Comet by inches I thought I could here tappets on the breeze

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Had a great ride out last Tuesday, great weather, nice cross country ride to Stoke Bruerne, took a picnic although the snack hatch at the pub was open, our return journey took a turn for the worse when I picked up a screw through my brand new recently fitted Avon tyre and tube, first noticed the change in handling at Gawcott and ground to a halt almost immediately. My advice would be do not rely on the Footman James recovery service, it is truly appalling. I will now revert to always carrying spare tubes and tyre levers, a bit of a pain, but preferable to 5 hours waiting for a dreadful service, before telling them not to bother, and then making my own arrangements using friends and family. But nothing can detract from the fact it was a great ride out, even if the journey home was somewhat less enjoyable!

IMG_4788.JPG

vibrac

VOC Member
I am in the AA (which since it went commercial is not as good as it was) it certainly got me out of trouble in the middle of the Scottish highlands after filling up with Diesel :mad:
But once my bikes are going my next step is to tax the van for the summer. When I am solo Angela is faster than any rescue service.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I think in my case Footman James use the RAC who then farm it out to anyone they can contact, that is my perception anyway, it was such a catalogue of total ineptitude it could make it a very long post, but just to give you a taste, it all started of so well and encouraging, during the first report of my predicament the call handler at the RAC asked me if my phone had location services switched on (yes) she then sent me a text and asked to select accept, and with that it was done, I was told that they now knew my exact location, about five hours later a chap calls me to tell me that he has no idea where I am, other than he thinks the postcode starts with MK, that is all he has, he then informs that despite my full vehicle recovery and repatriation recovery they are to busy to do that, The bike would have dropped of at a local (to them) storage depot and I would have to get a taxi home that they would try and organise, my response was don't bother, there is loads more to report, but I have lost the will.

Last edited: