Registration Success

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Had an early Christmas present today, my Wife rang me to say there was a letter from the DVLA for me so I got her to read it to me.
It was confirming they'd allocated me a new registration number.
To say it's a relief is an understatement as Simon had said he thought I'd be looking at a Q plate if I was very lucky as he'd not had any success with the previous machine he'd been trying to get a number for.
Our Vin had come through Mr Davis's hands & while the previous owner had it sat in his garage awaiting rebuilding someone else had built a bike around the a UFM which had the same number Ted had put on ours & the DVLA had given them the reg number that had been on our bike.
Just need a number plate made & fuel pipe routing sorted & hopefully can have my first ride on a Vincent.
Cheers
Dave

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I had the same great result with my Sunbeam..1929 frame and 1932 engine..got the number through in 2 1/2 weeks..

Ours took from the middle of September to this Friday to get ours, so a week short of 3 months, but it all actually started May 2011.
Hence my sense of relief :)
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I got the Engine/Gearbox for my 2015 Comet, Back in the 70s, Worn out !/Cheap From "Our Ted ",
I was a bit worried, But John Marshall, Our numbers Man back then, Had seen it at the race tracks, And took down the Engine Numbers, Like he did at all the Rallies and the Races, Plus we were friends, And he never said anything, He was not a Man to hold back !.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I got the Engine/Gearbox for my 2015 Comet, Back in the 70s, Worn out !/Cheap From "Our Ted ",
I was a bit worried, But John Marshall, Our numbers Man back then, Had seen it at the race tracks, And took down the Engine Numbers, Like he did at all the Rallies and the Races, Plus we were friends, And he never said anything, He was not a Man to hold back !.

I think I`d heard about John Marshall being the man who manually recorded all the numbers to start the "Data Base" that it`s all based on now.
Must have been a dedicated man.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I knew John for many years, Sadly gone now, His Wife was always with him and his boys , When they were younger.
Funny, Years ago He came to a Sprint meeting on a Twin, And at the end of the day, He helped us clear up the airfield, And I said where is your Bike, He said it was too scruffy to bring it in to the airfield, He had left at the gate !!.