Nice collection.

Sue Stolze-Beland

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I think the guy posting the video has no idea what he is seeing .
OMG...... it's like being hit in the face when you see things which used to live in our garage and warehouse!!! The Arden was purchased 50/50 by Chris Lipscomb and Gerrit Stolze back in the 80's when Chris was still living in Maryland and before his giant move to Nova Scotia. We tried to sell it through an auction house here without any luck and Chris decided it would have more chance in America which was why we shipped it to him - it's still up for sale as far as I know and Gerrit is still waiting for his investment to manifest!!
I can also see Gerrit's Prince (MAY468) in the row of Vincents since he sold and shipped it to Chris many moons ago.
We have film which young Sarah took during Chris's move from the USA to Canada. Back in Maryland Chris had his 'collection' spread over 3 lots and it all had to be loaded along with household items. Gerrit and Sarah couldn't believe what they were seeing or even how they managed to cross the border without mishap (there was a crate of guns and firearms I recall which were kept hidden!!!!!!)
We receive the odd email now and then although Chris has returned to letter writing over the past years - I think Kim knew her way more around computers than Chris ever did.
His son Robert (lives with wife and daughter in Arizona) keeps in touch too. He was as involved in 'THE MOVE' as Sarah and Gerrit were as too was a Native American friend of Chris's called Danny. We will have to make time to watch the 3 DVD's Sarah made although I have a faint recollection of seeing lots of shots of Chris walking back and forth around the vehicles with a sort of lost look on his face hahaha
I've downloaded the YouTube film and will put it on a thumb drive to surprise Gerrit in the coming weeks one evening when there is nothing much to watch on TV ;)

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
OMG...... it's like being hit in the face when you see things which used to live in our garage and warehouse!!! The Arden was purchased 50/50 by Chris Lipscomb and Gerrit Stolze back in the 80's when Chris was still living in Maryland and before his giant move to Nova Scotia. We tried to sell it through an auction house here without any luck and Chris decided it would have more chance in America which was why we shipped it to him - it's still up for sale as far as I know and Gerrit is still waiting for his investment to manifest!!
I can also see Gerrit's Prince (MAY468) in the row of Vincents since he sold and shipped it to Chris many moons ago.
We have film which young Sarah took during Chris's move from the USA to Canada. Back in Maryland Chris had his 'collection' spread over 3 lots and it all had to be loaded along with household items. Gerrit and Sarah couldn't believe what they were seeing or even how they managed to cross the border without mishap (there was a crate of guns and firearms I recall which were kept hidden!!!!!!)
We receive the odd email now and then although Chris has returned to letter writing over the past years - I think Kim knew her way more around computers than Chris ever did.
His son Robert (lives with wife and daughter in Arizona) keeps in touch too. He was as involved in 'THE MOVE' as Sarah and Gerrit were as too was a Native American friend of Chris's called Danny. We will have to make time to watch the 3 DVD's Sarah made although I have a faint recollection of seeing lots of shots of Chris walking back and forth around the vehicles with a sort of lost look on his face hahaha
I've downloaded the YouTube film and will put it on a thumb drive to surprise Gerrit in the coming weeks one evening when there is nothing much to watch on TV ;)
Couple of pictures for you Sue.

Attachments

• dutch1.jpg
    dutch1.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 23
  • dutch2.jpg
    dutch2.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 24

Sue Stolze-Beland

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Couple of pictures for you Sue.
Thanks for the photo's..... quite by chance Gerrit rooted through a box of pics this morning in our warehouse offices whilst out doing his Friday shopping and came home as pleased as Punch with a large black and white shot of the same rally )different pose).... I am planning to scan it and attach it somewhere (hopefully not too difficult on this site)