ET: Engine (Twin) Godet electric starter

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Rally 2019 f.jpg

timetraveller

VOC Member
Bill, I have thought for a long time that was a good place for it but what do you do for a charging system? It looks as though Bruce's bike is a race bike with no charging. One of our German members does provide a starter working on a ring gear behind the clutch but then he has a combination ignition and charging system in place of the magneto.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I have starter in the dynamo position driving a ring gear on the clutch through a sprag clutch. In this position there is no problem reversing in gear.
Cheers Bill
I saw your bike in Wagrain 2019, but I didn't take notes, how do you now generate electricity?

GBH

Forum User
VOC Member
Yes i use shorai Greg.
But once its been totally emptey its loss is hudge.
I use therefore the biggest one.

I like them as they arr black
Hi there, could you possibly tell me the model number for the Shorai battery please? Also, is it the correct size to replace the stock battery without adding padding? Most Shorai batteries I'm seeing are quite small.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Bloody hell, get another couple of them, and and a decent electric motor and you could chuck your engine on the scrap heap, come to England and Mayor Khan might even give you a £2k for doing so!

GBH

Forum User
VOC Member
Good morning all

Greg, simply for a generator training issue that would cause problems.

Coming back to Harley starters, once received they are disassembled and the bearings are replaced with sealed bearings, and grease is put in place.

For the starter crown problems, as I explained to you, there was a time when they were brittle. The problem was then solved and never caused a problem again.

Indeed, putting rivets in place of the 8 M6 screws is mechanically better, but this assembly has never caused a problem .. (so far)
Greg, unfortunately you have encountered this problem on the 1330 Black Prince, but if a tooth is to go to the wrong place and to force on the crown ... ouch ..

By the way, to answer Gerry and Greg (not personally to you Greg but to the owner of 1330), know that the 90% of people who are not happy are people who touch their bike themselves or who do not ride and trying to start them every 6 months without doing a minimum of maintenance.

there was a problem with the phone at Godet for a long time. Today it works

Gu

Thanks for your help, cheers!