Girdraulic Grease nipple fitting locations

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I don't think any one has mentioned the method that allot of guys in Vancouver use. The spindle is drilled with a small diameter drill bit, cross drilled at the bushings and very small flush grease nipple is added to the spindle end.
I removed my forks with this set up and and checked every detail of them. I found no significant wear in the high movement area.
I will add some photos when I am back in the work shop.
Read post # 2 & #3 in this thread. A photograph would be good when convenient.

vibrac

VOC Member
I don't think any one has mentioned the method that allot of guys in Vancouver use. The spindle is drilled with a small diameter drill bit, cross drilled at the bushings and very small flush grease nipple is added to the spindle end .

I removed my forks with this set up and and checked every detail of them. I found no significant wear in the high movement area.

I will add some photos when I am back in the work shop.
Be careful the "keep em standard" enforcers can come very early in the morning to arrest you

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
As previously mentioned.

The grease nipples are in the spindles and they are press fit in the spindle end. They require a small grease gun, like a chain bar greaser for a chainsaw.

Eugene.

Attachments

• IMG_2408.PNG
    IMG_2408.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57

craig

VOC Member
As previously mentioned. The grease nipples are in the spindles and they are press fit in the spindle end. They require a small grease gun, like a chain bar greaser for a chainsaw. Eugene.

Thanks Gene, Are these the V3 spindles? If not, who supplies these please?
Cheers
Craig

craig

VOC Member
I think if you type in - "flush grease nipples" at Ebay , you will find a selection.

Metric Flush Type M6 x 1mm Parallel Thread Fitting

• Flush Type, Straight, M6 x 1 Parallel Thread
  • Steel, Zinc Clear, DIN 3405
  • Check: Surface Ball, OAL: 8.5 mm, Shank: 5.5 mm Standard
  • Drive: 7 mm Hex
6x1FlushGreaseNipple.jpg