First ride out in 2021

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The way I read it, It's 17 th of May ?.
So many words, Then you go to another page, Then the words get Smaller !!!.
I'm going for a ride with 5 other people on Monday.
Screenshot_2021-03-24 Microsoft Word - COMCOVID guidelines V5.png

Also, read this motorcycling solicitor's interpretation of the rules. Covid Restrictions for Motorcyclists

vibrac

VOC Member
Well that's a first 20 minute ride round the locality after the rebuild, remarkably good, of course the bane of my life the lower push rod seals leaked again (And yes I have over time done the O rings trick and the glue on insert and fitted new pushrod tubes and now back to standard ), but otherwise it ran OK. I even remembered to tighten the exhaust nut afterwards o_O
The interesting thing that I have noticed before is that the body also needs to get run in, riding a bike is not what its been doing over the last few months and its not surprising there are aches and pains, I wonder how many bikes have been put up for sale with a "I am too old to ride" reason when all thats needed is a few miles to burn yourself in again.

Last edited:

Normski

Non-VOC Member
Took a ride with fellow Section member Keith, all in all nearly 200 miles, mostly along B roads or lesser A roads, cracking day but by the end I realised my butt isn’t currently used to so long in the saddle. Here’s Keith with my D Rapide.
71354596-D54F-4F1F-AFFC-E483A1E16E33.jpeg

vibrac

VOC Member
Took a ride with fellow Section member Keith, all in all nearly 200 miles, mostly along B roads or lesser A roads, cracking day but by the end I realised my butt isn’t currently used to so long in the saddle.
Read what I said in post #13 my guess is in a days time 200 wont worry it
I have nearly died of the pain of a Lands end trial on a trials saddle and yet the next day....

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes Peter I think I shall be ordering some alloy bar this Autumn but apart from finishing projects and the racer I promise myself to ride more this year, rule of thumb for free time 2021 : Dark, cold or wet =workshop, otherwise ride!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
No Bill its not the breather although Its a new piston barrel assembly so pressure will be high I have one of Bens PCV valves they are not the problem they handled all the big Egli pressures I am beginning think it may be the crankcase recess for the tubes is wrong I was hoping that two new pushrod tubes would sort it out but then I thought that assembly of O rings suggested on here would before :(. I would fit a pair of Flash solid tubes I have but the angle to the head is too acute. I also thought about turning up some bigger OD alloy ones perhaps with a screw on lower flange but you know what... its such a PIA to sort once the bikes built and I have missed so many months of riding last year and dwelt in the workshop so long I think I will get on it, ride it, and enjoy the spring and just carry an oily rag
I have a small valve thing on my L/ning, But it's not big enough to get me out of trouble,
Just thought a quick Big pipe on a rocker cap might help you,
Would not take long to test it.

vibrac

VOC Member
Had a real decent ride this weekend the bike now has Brampton front with coil over (the racer has the modified front end Girdraulics) and I have an AVO single coil over I guess its the best handling Road Vincent I have known if they had steered like this back in the fifties no-one would have built Norvins. :eek:
However the rear push rod seal is still weeping .. well it can weep on I ain't stopping.