ET: Engine (Twin) ESA Upgrade

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
All that engineering and computer calculation it makes you wonder how 6 tubes of 21st century plastic seem to work OK on the electric leg Comet
1615710167926.png

greg brillus

VOC Member
It doesn't........ The ones on a friends 600 Comet were useless, so I locked it up, the Conway's Honda clutches have a cush drive in them, so that's all it has now.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Does anyone know what Patrick used (if anything at all) on his Isle of Man Grey Flashes? I guess they were putting out comparable BHP figures to a standard Rapide.

oexing

VOC Member
I say not much different to a chain -shockwise - when you got no original shock generator on the crank.
Also I see no need for worries on a Vincent with TWO chains on the bike, primary and secondary. So no real hard shocks on gears. Chains are told to be too soft for overhead cam drives, so there . . . . . Again, Guzzis and BMWs got not a single chain in their drive , all hard gears, just the known ESA in gearbox - and they don´t crunch their gears all the time - well, mostly. And their gears are a lot lighter than the heavy Vincent components. Has anybody ever seen pitted gears on a Vincent at less than half a million miles ?? Even after snapping a triplex chain - they do reportedly - nobody needs to scrap gears from this harsh incident.

Vic