F: Frame Egli Fairing Mount

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The fairing mount was mounted to the headstock. Picture attached.
As Vibrac has said, ideally you should use round tube and to avoid excessive cantilever stress you should build in some triangulation by inserting a tube from near your lower mounting point to as far forward as possible on your horizontal extension.

Pushrod Twin

VOC Member
That's a great fixing Fritz? made on the head tube. There appears to be room to lay a strip of 25, or 30 x 3 MS flat, on edge, on top of the piece of broken box section. Use a series of short welds, that will add some section to carry the vertical loads. What size is that box, it looks quite small, 16, 19mm x 1.6 WT?

royrobertson

VOC Member
Hi Everybody. My CTG Egli race bike fairing has similar mounting points to Vibracs. Except when I first mounted it I did not want to take the front end off to weld mounting points to the steering head. So I made a large split aluminium collar with a milled flat which clamped around the to of the steering head. This has stood the test of time and stresses of 150 mph timed runs at the Woodbridge "Classic Bike" Speed Trials.
However it is not carrying the extra weight of a headlight so this must be taken into account, I've tried to attach some photos but am not sure how to do it.
Take Care.

Attachments

• 100_0011.JPG
    100_0011.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_0005.JPG
    100_0005.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_0008.JPG
    100_0008.JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0012.JPG