F: Frame Egli Fairing Mount

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi,

My good friend has an egli race bike that was imported from the UK. He is going through the importation compliance check and has found the fairing mount keeps braking. I am helping him out and we were wondering if someone has a set of plans or drawing for a fairing mount.

I am posting a picture of the machine and the mount. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best.
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG

vibrac

VOC Member
My experience was only with a race fairing so every thing was on a nose strut from the head stock where we had a rectangular plate with a forward tube to a tee bracket.
The only other supports were side stays from the cylinder head bracket the stays were alloy tubes meeting short tubes in the fairing sides and a very light screen strut from the steering head top hole across to the screen tips (you can see it in the pic) all with R clips. but as a racing fairing there was no weight like a headlamp etc.
We certainly had it on and off in a few seconds frequently and it never gave any problems
1617703990085.png

stem

Last edited:

Pushrod Twin

VOC Member
Gene, that all looks pretty light. There is a whole lot of weight suspended a long way forward there. Where does it attach to the frame, are we seeing the steering lock stop in there as well?
My replica Egli has just enough room around the top of the steering head tube to take an M8 U bolt which could be used for a top support, is this an option?

Maybe lose the fairing, fit headlight brackets on the stanchions in conventional manner for compliance, then come back to the fairing mount.

vibrac

VOC Member
Got to be round tube every time square tube only comes into the selection for ease of fabrication and attachment. In use round is best, is most efficent and the choice is wider