eBay - no Vincent content at all

G

Graham Smith

Has anyone noticed a change with eBay over the past few weeks?

It seems that eBay have cut their ties with PayPal, and whilst you can still pay for your purchases on eBay using PayPal, if you sell something, the commission fees are now taken up front, then held for a couple of days, and the money is then transferred into your bank account and NOT PayPal.

We recently sold something on eBay and were surprised to see the money show up in our bank account when normally it would appear in our PayPal account.

I looked into it, and they're moving everyone over to this system over the coming weeks, but to be clear this change will only matter if you're selling something.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
While I buy all my bits and pieces and small items I am very wary of selling/buying large items on ebay as I have in the past. if I dont use an auction for my next bike sale I will use the car and classic web site.
I seem to remember this change to the ebay/pay pal linkage was announced at least a year ago. Who knows what machinations happen as the big boys try and squeeze the last drop out of us.

brian gains

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
more importantly, i've noticed that as well as RV's the supply of used sidecars has also dried up. no doubt snaffled up in anticipation of the great getaway once this whutan flu is kicked into touch.