PR: Proprietary Items Dynamo/Alternator

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I notice there is a new type of Alternator being advertised on Ebay, they actually refer to it as a dynamo, but I think that is only to attract attention, it is a replacement for the Miller/Lucas dynamo, similar to the Alton, manufactured in Poland and marketed by Old Motorcycle Parts, Germany, it looks identical in body to the Lucas E3L, does anybody know anything about it? sells for £420.00, I suppose the main question is is it any good.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I notice there is a new type of Alternator being advertised on Ebay, they actually refer to it as a dynamo, but I think that is only to attract attention, it is a replacement for the Miller/Lucas dynamo, similar to the Alton, manufactured in Poland and marketed by Old Motorcycle Parts, Germany, it looks identical in body to the Lucas E3L, does anybody know anything about it? sells for £420.00, I suppose the main question is is it any good.
Hello Peter,
Have you got a link for the dynamo listing as I`m having trouble finding it.
Next thing I need for my rebuild will be an Alternator, was going to get one from the Spares Co but have noticed Paul Goff`s is nearly £100 cheaper.
Dave.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
The website is www.old-motorcycle-parts.com it is not a particularly easy site to negotiate, but you can find it on the British language (Union Jack) page, click on English Home and then 12v Alternators, they seem to do the full range of Lucas replacements which should work with the Vincent, they did with Series D and lots of people also fitted them to B + Cs also, I now notice that they have not released the Miller D6 replacement yet, but it would seem that they will, apparently all the alternators are manufactured in Poland, could be a bit risky I suppose, perhaps now is is not the time to be guinea pig, the Paul Goff Alton at £100 cheaper looks attractive, after all it is an identical product.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I managed to find it after posting my question by searching for Lucas Dynamos, very interesting but need to find feedback on whether they`re any good.