COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United Kingdom

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I had my first jab a month ago with absolutely no side effects, however my other half was nearly paralyzed by her swine flu jab 10 years ago ( happened to about one in a million apparently), so the present advice is not have the Covid jab, but finding that out took days on various forums/GOV sites and phoning different health departments.
Mine and my mothers were done in local sports centres, really well laid out, taken in 6 at a time (keeping at least 2m apart) to a separate desk each where the injection and recording was done, then to widely spaced chairs to wait the 15 minutes before being allowed to leave, all the chairs disinfected as soon as vacated, no even near contact with anyone other than the nurse administering the injection, even leaving the buildings via separate corridors and exits.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You can guess I had the Wrong one !,
I told the bloke I had had the illness , And He said I still needed the Jab.
Then He asked me if I was on heart pills, Which I am,
They are only mild pressure pills , So he gave me the Jab anyway !,
As with everything, You have to keep your fingers crossed :D .

Bill Cannon

VOC Member
I had my first jab late January and discovered by chance that you can go to the Gov website and book the second yourself. Don't bother waiting for them to contact you!
Cheers Bill

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Bill, I feel compelled to defend the NHS and the administering of the Covid-19 vaccine, I doubt very much that you had Covid for 24 hours, you just had a short lived reaction to the vaccine, as a few people have had. To cope with the enormity of the vaccine programme many people have been recruited to administer the jabs, perhaps the person that gave you the jab was not a qualified G.P. or medical practitioner, so they would have been correct in asking you not to return to the vaccination centre if you became unwell. Presumedly you would ring your G.P., 999 or 111, depending on how ill you felt, in your case not very ill by the sound of things.

When you say "They have not a clue" is this really a fair statement, if the guidelines were adhered to there nothing at all wrong with 6ft room, probably a darn site better that a crowded waiting room.

As was pointed out by an articulate woman on the radio the other day, without the vaccine we are left with just herd immunity, which is another way of describing Darwinism, survival of the fittest, or the luckiest, let the weak succumb and die out, and let the strong get on with their lives unimpeded by the unfortunate, which seems to be what a few selfish imbeciles would prefer, as long of course that they themselves are not weak and vulnerable.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The Wife asked if !,

I do think we will all get it, Like the Flu,
If you are old or bad ill Anything can finish you off.
I was 6 miles from my home, Some poor couple were from Portsmouth !!!.
To a silly little shop waiting inside far too close !.
I have a proper hospital doing jabs a mile away !.
I have a doctors over the road, There phone says if you think you have Covid,
Don't come here !.

SteveF

Non-VOC Member
Just be grateful that you can be vaccinated. Here in Switzerland we have disturbingly high infection rates but vaccination rates are very slow. In Kanton Zürich, where I live, the R rate is 1.2 and less than 4% have been immunized. As a country with a massive pharmaceutical industry and the second most expensive health system in the world, I was hoping for a bit more.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
The Wife asked if !,

I do think we will all get it, Like the Flu,
If you are old or bad ill Anything can finish you off.
I was 6 miles from my home, Some poor couple were from Portsmouth !!!.
To a silly little shop waiting inside far too close !.
I have a proper hospital doing jabs a mile away !.
I have a doctors over the road, There phone says if you think you have Covid,
Don't come here !.
Of course Bill, but do you not understand or comprehend the G.P. surgery advice, if you have Covid symptoms DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY they need to keep the surgery free from Covid if at all possible, I am not going to reiterate the actual advice here, we really should all know it by now, the advice is clear enough and has been given on more than enough occasions.

vibrac

VOC Member
I think we in England and the home nations) can be quite proud of the inoculation roll out, I and those I spoke to say it is very well organised very efficent in a way we are not always used to in England I think looking elsewhere perhaps some stereotypes of national efficency need updating