CBT Test

G

Graham Smith

My youngest son Matthew is doing his CBT today and is using a geared 125cc off road to do all the cone stuff, but out on the road he has to use a 50cc machine because of his age.

However, they’re going to get him out on one of their electric machines as they no longer have any 50cc petrol bikes.

As electric bikes aren’t measured in cc’s but kw, how does that work?

This is the bike he’s going to use:

FC38BA02-76ED-49F6-8B06-B21353DF8D25.jpeg

if he’s allowed to ride this, what’s the difference between one of these and one of those stupid scooters that all the kids ride?

maybe the law needs to catch up!

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Quite a lot of modern cars are quoted in kilowatts. There is a relationship between HP and K W,just need to find the change-up list. As for the scooter i'd still rather walk.

vibrac

VOC Member
Its the future, I can see Vibrac buying one sometime soon.
Not while they make sythetic petrol and when I am too old to ride and loose my licence I may well build me an electric tricicle with off road capabilities a hidden oversize electric motor and a disabled badge then let me get at all those old RUP'S the dam ramblers pinched off the trail riders...

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Almost enough to make you emigrate to Canada. Here you have to take the various road tests on a 300 CC or bigger bike which allows you to ride whatever size bike you want after you pass your final road test. Using a bike less than 300CC to test on limits you to bikes up to that size.
20190717_155029.jpg