visor rain clearance

stumpy lord

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
rain-x are now producing a product especially for plastic type visors ie polycarbonates, perspecx, etcetera. Both Ian and I used it on our visors on the way home from the international rally, and found it to be far superior to any thing that was produced before .
I have no connection with the firm , just a satisfied customer
stumpy lord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albervin

VOC Member
rain-x are now producing a product especially for plastic type visors ie polycarbonates, perspecx, etcetera. Both Ian and I used it on our visors on the way home from the international rally, and found it to be far superior to any thing that was produced before .
I have no connection with the firm , just a satisfied customer
stumpy lord.
I have been using ordinary Rain-X for years on my visors. I had a bottle of Bell anti-fog with my original Bell helmet in the 1970s and it was borderline. I then used laundry detergent for years. Rain-X is basically a chemical that reduces the surface tension of water and makes it flow. I see now another product that is a plastic film you wipe on and peel off to give a similar effect. I will stick to Rain-X for now, both inside and outside of my Riley and visors.

vibrac

VOC Member
1567874569099.png
THATS the stuff!

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Vibrac my handsome,
Had one for years and when the bearing rumble got too much (as it got petty annoying hour after hour but was good likes a ships clear view on the bridge) renewed the bearing for a faket of fags from the MOD store man. Wonderful place the HMD Devonport Saturday mornings use to bring home all the rabbits (homers) made during the week and did all the test pieces required. Apprentices had all the best attention & equipment supplied. I made the most of it. Yet some went through the yard all their lives never experiencing life and riding a Vincent round the world.
bananaman.