Misc: Ignition/Mag-Dynos Series a single miller magneto parts required

Stanley Chappell

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
i need help
one of the flat magnets is broken where can I get a replacement for a miller mk model .I also need a set of points with correct direction
i have several going the wrong way buy or swap
thanks Stanley chappell

billirwinnz

VOC Member
Hi Stanley
I'm sorry but I can't help with Miller parts. I have one of the earlier BTH Dynamags which cost me dearly to buy and refurbish. If you aren't able to find the necessary parts to get your bike going I suggest a Thorspark unit. https://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/thorspark.html. These replace the magneto points and windings with an electronic system. The downside is that you need to hide a coil somewhere but the magneto still looks original. Current drain is very low so it's possible to get a days riding without charging the battery in the event that you don't have a good dynamo. Available as 6v or 12v for most magnetos.
Bill

Stanley Chappell

VOC Member
thanks for all your interest in helping me find a magnet for my miller magneto unfortunately all your advice went slightly
off piste I’m looking for the thin square magnet that slips into the mag body I’m told some one makes them in nobel metal
what ever that is the mag in question is miller not bth not Lucas its miller
thanks Stanley Chappell

A_HRD

VOC Member
Yes indeed! Could a moderator please move all this discussion from "Series A tech advice" to "Series B/C tech advice" - with the exception of Stanley's correctly placed Series 'A' question here ref Series 'A' Miller Magneto.

Peter B

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Yes indeed! Could a moderator please move all this discussion from "Series A tech advice" to "Series B/C tech advice" - with the exception of Stanley's correctly placed Series 'A' question here ref Series 'A' Miller Magneto.

Peter B
Done - Hopefully I managed to seperate the posts into two seperate threads and it all still makes sense.

Simon