PT: Exhaust Replacement silencers...

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I think you've ended up with the best silencer choice for the twin.
The Spiral Baffle silencers, as on the Rapide below, go blue when the bike is run hard. This is especially noticeable if you use the bike to climb mountain passes in summer time heat.
I took Bill's advice and installed one of the Armours open SS units on my other Rapide. Non restrictive, good power, good bark and no big discoloration patches due to heat build up.

Glen
Hi, strange, this is my spares co silencer after about 5 yrs of use. Mainly ridden pretty vigorously in the North of England and Scotland. Hardknott and Wrynose passes in the lake district as well as the Pass of the Cattle in Scotland.
I was based in Calgary and Edmonton a couple of times over the years a 20190803_075300.jpg
20190803_075300.jpg
few years each time so I'm fairly familiar with some of the roads and passes in the Rockies, having ridden them but not on my Vincent.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's a Small World, And you have to watch what you say !.
I was in Armours a while ago, To get " another " S/S Silencer, And the Lady was telling me about Gary's trouble
fitting his Pipes, She then said someone suggested tweaking the fold over ends, For the nuts , On our Forum !!.
I said that was me, But I still had to pay Full Price for my bits :):). Cheers Bill.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I fitted this silencer in 2007 in the UK and then ran it round the IOM circuit at a good clip , 115 on the Sulby Straight. We then toured England and Scotland two up & luggage for 2500 miles. I can't recall any discoloration after all of that.
The Salmo- Creston in BC is a different animal though. The 11,000' Bear Tooth pass in Southern Montana is another big one. Then there is White Bird pass in Southern Idaho.
The motorhomes like to spit up transmission fluid on that one!
The silencer has been used on all of those big climbs, multiple times.
Thinking of the places it's been, maybe I shouldn't complain. I'll call it patina and be happy!

Glen

Last edited:

Rob H

VOC Member
Can anyone post a picture of the 3 piece overlander exhaust, I would like to see how this looks like