HB: Handlebars Replacement Clutch/Brake Lever

Gerry Clarke

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Lots available on eBay at very reasonable cost if you search for "alloy Amal style 534 clutch lever". These have a cable adjuster at the perch. Yours looks heavily oxidised and I would agree that age would be an issue, but new ones should be fine for many years. (I have no vested interest!)

Gerry

Eddie Foreman

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I would be worried about using such lever again. Maybe the aluminium its made out of has aged and reached the end of its useful life. Imagine if it had been the equivalent front brake lever and it broke whist braking hard to avoid something.
Hi Simon, The clutch lever snapped very easily, I was just moving it a little to see if I could fit a modern indicator switch. The brake lever matches the clutch lever so would be the same age. Definitely something for me to consider before the bike is back on the road. Cheers, Eddie

Eddie Foreman

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Lots available on eBay at very reasonable cost if you search for "alloy Amal style 534 clutch lever". These have a cable adjuster at the perch. Yours looks heavily oxidised and I would agree that age would be an issue, but new ones should be fine for many years. (I have no vested interest!)

Gerry
Hi Gerry, that's perfect thankyou. They do look the same. Old one's also the adjusters which have been removed at some point. Will definitely considered new levers. Cheers, Eddie