Misc: Stands Prop Stand Poser

Old Bill

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Dave Hills centre stands will take a Honda VFR 1998-2001 prop stand with no modification. On twins its a simple bolt on job, however on the single you need to modify the prop stand by cutting off the rear upper spring peg and re fit a spring to the outside of the prop stand after cutting a groove into the cut out switch locating peg and the kick down lug. BMW airhead centre stand spring gives a good tension. Mounting bolts are M10 flanged hex stainless A2 70 bolts. Will take some better pictures with more detail if anybody is interested. Typical price for a stand on flea bay is ten to twenty pounds and they often come with said cut out switch which you can then re-sell on f bay to re coup your investment!
IMG_20191208_114251.jpgIMG_20191202_110337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrac

VOC Member
The picture gets pixelated but it looks like the stand goes above and rearwards behind the spring of the DH stand

Old Bill

Non-VOC Member
Vibrac, that's exactly how they mount. On the twins there is sufficient clearance to clear the spring, just! Singles mount in a similar position, however its the prop stand spring that requires re positioning, a simple job with basic tools. For piece of mind the mounting holes drilled into the DH stand plate are tapped to accept an M10 thread, bolts nipped up with nyloc nuts behind, no doubt BSF set screws could be used, l just happened to have M10 bolts to hand. When l can get access to the bikes ( tractors parked behind them! ) l will endeavour to take more pictures with greater detail and clarity. The idea for the Honda stand came from a chap who well may be a member of this forum l met at the Manx in 2010, all l have done is tweaked his concept to suit dave's excellent stands. Health issues prompted this exercise as l have limited use of my left lower leg and find it precarious to dismount whilst holding the machine upright ( onlookers have described it as like watching a gymnast on parallel bars! ). So necessity being the mother of invention.......

Chris.R

VOC Member
For my front prop stand I am going down the route of a Neil Videan front bracket fitted thro the side car mount, I am currently looking for a T120 type long side stand but have not found one at less than £70.00 yet. I have also ordered a Dave Hills stand the photo is of my former Comet NKN112 now in Australia with Ken Phelps I really like the way the old girl sits.
Comet NKN112 1951_GEDC0047.JPG