The Mighty Garage Oregon Coast Ride

andrew peters

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
good little movie Mike, I love those Oregon coast roads, and the Pelican Brewery.. My wife drives the RV and I ride to Cannon Beach each year for a weekend, My ride is from Port Angeles (Victoria BC is home) about 330 miles each way as I may not take the most direct route.. haha Also every year I ride to the Quail in Carmel.. the coast road can be pretty foggy and cold, at any time of year.. its the West coast.. great riding!

andrew peters

VOC Member
I know what you mean, I've been here 15 years, from Southend-on-sea originally, lived in Bournemouth before here. I'll be in England next August, taking my (Canadian) wife to Great Dorset Steam Rally, she don't know what shes in for! Hopefully also going to meet up with a Vincent owner or two

vibrac

VOC Member
The way you were waiting in traffic and not filtering made me think you were in Canada. I was so shocked when I was told there was no filtering when we went to the international in Vancouver, such a motorcycle advantage thrown away by insensitive legislators.

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew peters

VOC Member
The way you were waiting in traffic and not filtering made me think you were in Canada I was so shocked when I was told there was no filtering when we went to the international in Vancouver such an motorcycle advantage thrown away by insensitive legislators
there is/was a Bill to allow "filtering" in Oregon and Washington after the success of the bill in California but I don't know what happened to that.. ?

Mike T

VOC Member
The way you were waiting in traffic and not filtering made me think you were in Canada I was so shocked when I was told there was no filtering when we went to the international in Vancouver such an motorcycle advantage thrown away by insensitive legislators
Yes, unfortunately it's illegal to "lane split" in Oregon! We're working on it. California and other states allow it but it hasn't arrived in Oregon yet!

Mike T

VOC Member
there is/was a Bill to allow "filtering" in Oregon and Washington after the success of the bill in California but I don't know what happened to that.. ?
Yes, it's still not legal. I don't know if it will happen anytime soon. It's been tried several times but with no success yet!

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Michigan doesn't allow it either. Not that I would do it as some of the clowns that are allowed on the road take it as a personal affront. Several years back the wife and I were on the bike and stuck in traffic on the expressway. The next exit was just a few hundred yards ahead. No one was wanting to exit there but us, so I took to the shoulder to get out of traffic. Some moron decided he needed to teach me the rules of the road and just as we were about to pass him he pulled on to the shoulder to block me then started yelling about waiting my turn to exit. When I've seen bikes start to filter through stalled traffic there is always someone ready and willing to remind them it's no no and pull into their path or open a door. If it ever became legal here some would object and continue the non-sense.
Steven