Mecum Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Has anyone been keeping an eye on the Mecum, LV auction.
1954 Black Shadow went for $99,000
1951 Comet went for $24,200
19550 Rapide went for $28,600
More still to cometoday and tomorrow.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
So far not a single person interested in bidding on any of these bikes has asked either Jon or I for the numbers to be checked and Mercum never ask the VOC about a bike they are selling. Obviously bidders are willing to throw money at bikes they have done no due dilligence on.
Buyer beware

Simon

G

Graham Smith

So far not a single person interested in bidding on any of these bikes has asked either Jon or I for the numbers to be checked and Mercum never ask the VOC about a bike they are selling. Obviously bidders are willing to throw money at bikes they have done no due dilligence on.
Buyer beware

Simon

Well, people can't accuse you of not trying Simon.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
What a shame, You can't buy a cheap old Vin' And mess about with it, Like I Did/Do !.
Bill,
I'm becoming of the opinion that those days are long past regardless of what make you choose. Those vehicles that are old enough to be free of mandated extraneous rubbish are to highly prized now to be messed about with. Those that are relatively inexpensive have so much mandated stuff on them that you are not allowed to change or alter, messing about with them is nigh on impossible.
Steven

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Mind you, There was a T.V. Prog' the other day, Sort of vintage thing, Where these pair of Clowns,
Could not sell a Honda 750, I think it was the V4 ?, Slagging it off, In the end they wanted £900,
I said to the Wife, I would have that in a heart beat,
You know what She Said :) .
But after a few Prog', They both had to ride it, And they both came back and said, It was not too bad !.
I need a bigger garage !.

Comet

VOC Member
I am looking forward to seeing how the Firefly does tomorrow.
Dear Santa.......

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Lot F203, one of the Red/Black Touring Rapides, is not a one owner bike as stated in the listing. That bike did have one long term owner from new until a few years ago, but it went from the original owner to his brother, then was sold to another. The third owner contacted the VOC, as photos were included that have my father’s name written on the back. The original owner was a member of the old LA section. I have some other photos from my father of this bike.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
As always, fun to pick out odd features of restorations. Two of the late Series C Shadows with engine numbers above 10000 have tommy bars for the mudguard flap and hinge. I believe they should have the knurled knob and long nut instead.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Lot F203, one of the Red/Black Touring Rapides, is not a one owner bike as stated in the listing. That bike did have one long term owner from new until a few years ago, but it went from the original owner to his brother, then was sold to another. The third owner contacted the VOC, as photos were included that have my father’s name written on the back. The original owner was a member of the old LA section. I have some other photos from my father of this bike.
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.