ET: Engine (Twin) How To Remove Kill Wire From Inside B-TH Electonic

robert shennan

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I remember reading the BT-H instructions when fitting it to my engine about 9 years ago and it said that the kill wire is sheeved and any damage means it goes to earth, could simply be an damaged cable causing an intermittent fault.

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I can't check anything to see if the 'shorted' kill switch last year was the problem or not..it DID start after
about an hour. Then each time this year I've tried to start it, my intuition told me to un-hook it...have no
other reason than intuition. So now it'll barely pop once on the B-TH and started briefly with the Lucas.
I'm pretty sure I have good spark with the Lucas, so attention goes to fuel once more and have no idea
what to do.

CarlHungness

VOC Member
H
I remember reading the BT-H instructions when fitting it to my engine about 9 years ago and it said that the kill wire is sheeved and any damage means it goes to earth, could simply be an damaged cable causing an intermittent fault.
I THINK so..internally..it still sparks but seemingly not enough to run the bike very well..when it did start on the B-TH it sounded lousy.

CarlHungness

VOC Member
As much as I hate to disagree with my learned friend Simon, in the reported issue about this the cutout wire was wound around the ht lead.
I have had the cutout running parallel with the ht lead, in heat-shrink sleeving, for years with no issues twin and single.
BTH now supply the cutout wire screened to 'idiot proof' the magneto.
I've run the same as yours for 20 years. Maybe my Amal Button went bad...but it sure looks OK with no
burns on the inside anywhere. But It is shorted and the wire runs inside the handlebar, and hard to see where
it comes out..so maybe it is shorted there and fouled up the B-TH..but now that I have the Lucas, can't keep it
running or re-start, and NO kill wire hooked up.