ET: Engine (Twin) Has Anyone Ever Bench Tested a B-TH Electronic Mag With Coils

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm 80 this year and just starting my new discipline of becoming a metal bender who is capable
of building a car body. Now practicing my oxy-acetylene welding, just got a TIG..haven't done any
Tig in 30 years, but I'll progress. If and when you ever decide to write down what process you used
to convert one of the mags to a Vincent, it would be a lovely challenge. For now I think my very old
B-TH is going to suffice. You're doing great work. Most think I'm 60-ish, so maybe my decades long
schedule of walking is paying off. I plan on doing the ton at 100, so the forest is beautiful dark and
deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Whiteshadow15

Non-VOC Member
A bit late here but it’s interesting that some don’t see a spark with the BT-H, mine has very easy to see bright sparks. Initially I had issues with spark but it ended up being a finicky problem with the shielding wire.

CarlHungness

VOC Member
A bit late here but it’s interesting that some don’t see a spark with the BT-H, mine has very easy to see bright sparks. Initially I had issues with spark but it ended up being a finicky problem with the shielding wire.
True enough. I spun my B-TH at what I term extremely low RPM's with a drill, I tried to emulate kicking speed, and sure enough saw bright sparks using brand new coils. I simply forgot to test the old coils, but I trust the unit enough that I put it back in and will try to start the machine in a couple of days.