H&H auction at Nation Motorcycle Museum

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Is anybody planning on attending the H&H auction at the Nation Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham, UK on the 26/07/2018? If you are could you contact me as there is a Vincent in the auction which I am interested in some of the numbers off.
Thanks
Simon
Machine Registrar

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I did not think that the engine numbers looked like they were stamped 70+ years ago, not saying or implying that they are the wrong numbers, they just look very new and fresh, normally by now they would have lost some of that sharp freshness

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
The B Rapide that is matching numbers has Series C heads.

When was the casting changed? How many B's were built with the earlier version, and how many were built with the later version? How many C's were built with the earlier version, and how many C's were built with the later version? If both B's and C's were originally built with both versions, that statement doesn't make sense.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
When was the casting changed? How many B's were built with the earlier version, and how many were built with the later version? How many C's were built with the earlier version, and how many C's were built with the later version? If both B's and C's were originally built with both versions, that statement doesn't make sense.

Your probably correct that this was a general modification and nothing to do with series B or C etc. I don't know when the change to the cylinder heads was done. Know thy Beast mentions the change saying "early heads are without the vertical webs". So define early....

Simon