Gear Lever

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Using Tom & Bill's advice I refitted the standard footpeg & made an extended G79, (hope I didn't make that number up), & now I can change gear but still getting discomfort in my knee.
Sat on my BM & realised that only having to work the back brake occasionally doesn't give me any grief, only use the rear brake in traffic or going slow, even work it with my heel if I'm stiffening up.
Cheers
Dave
IMG_20191209_204915.jpg

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Still don't look right to me, Although it's a long time since I had standard rests.
Any chance of making the alloy distance bit shorter ?, I wonder if you have a longer than standard one there ?.
The bit that the footrest hangs from.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Still don't look right to me, Although it's a long time since I had standard rests.
Any chance of making the alloy distance bit shorter ?, I wonder if you have a longer than standard one there ?.
Re: What Bill has said and most unlikely but the spacers left and right, F51/4 and F51/5 are different lengths. Is it possible you have a left spacer fitted on the right. The left spacer has a cut away portin on the large diameter end to clear the primary chaincase. As I said, unlikely but a maybe.

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
You could be right Bill, I'll see if I can find what length they are meant to be.
I did make some shaped spacers to use instead of the washers as the brake was too close to the clutch cover & I matched the right side so the nuts on the shaft were equal.
Cheers
Dave