Fuel bowl inlet banjo fitting

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can someone show a good picture of what the correct elbow fitting that bolts to the fuel bowl inlet looks like. Does it have a 90 degree or more of an angle where each left and right delivery pipes connect to. This is for the last of the pre war Comets. Cheers.......... Greg.

Dinny

VOC Member
Can someone show a good picture of what the correct elbow fitting that bolts to the fuel bowl inlet looks like. Does it have a 90 degree or more of an angle where each left and right delivery pipes connect to. This is for the last of the pre war Comets. Cheers.......... Greg.

I believe the fitting outlets should be 180 degrees apart. I have a mixture of float bowls of which none are correct. Once my brother sends me some pictures of his I will post them as I asked this question just a few days ago.

cheers
Mark

greg brillus

VOC Member
Thanks Mark, I have a 180 degree one being sent from down south, the 90 degree one I had didn't look right. Once my tank comes back from the paint shop (very soon I hope) the bike will be ready to run for the first time. Cheers for now............. Greg.

Dinny

VOC Member
No problem, you are ahead of me but I hope to get mine running this year. Still got the top end to do, carb and oil pipes etc. just working on the headlight as I managed to find an original BTH. Keep up the good work.

cheers
Mark

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Greg
When my bike was restored 10 plus years ago, double banjos were not available new and the only 2nd hand one I could find was a 90 degree one which in the photo below shows one pipe gets very close to the top of the BTH mag/dyno and I had to bend it slightly to clear. So I would not recomend a 90 degree type. Clearance to the top of a Miller mag/dyno may be different.

I note that Amal are now selling what I think may be the correct item or at least an item that would fit better if not correct.

Simon

IMG_3770.jpg