F: Frame FT144 Rear brake cable abutment

aluminiumbronze

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can anyone please tell me if the FT144 that screws into the RFM on a series D and retains the brake torque arm is threaded Cycle or BSF, the normal FT144 on a Comet footrest hanger, B Rapide RFM is BSF but the normal RFM bolt for the torque arm is 3/8 cycle, the VOC laminated D parts list lists the lock nut as part 500 which is cycle but the normal versions of this part are BSF, is this a parts sheet error or is the D rear frame tapped BSF at this fitting?
As usual all and any help appreciated.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
I haven't physically checked but I am pretty certain that it is BSF. Convention would be if FT144 changed, ie the thread, it would get a /1 added but the Vincent Co was not always consistent with that!
The VOC Spares Co don't have two versions of FT144.
No nut is shown on the factory parts list and I think the 500 shown on the VOC parts book is an error.
Ian

aluminiumbronze

VOC Member
I haven't physically checked but I am pretty certain that it is BSF. Convention would be if FT144 changed, ie the thread, it would get a /1 added but the Vincent Co was not always consistent with that!
The VOC Spares Co don't have two versions of FT144.
No nut is shown on the factory parts list and I think the 500 shown on the VOC parts book is an error.
Ian
The torque arm bolt always has a locknut, laminated list shows 500, D supplement vague, standard 3/8 BSF nut is 98, would be great if someone could check their D

macvette

Non-VOC Member
The torque arm bolt always has a locknut, laminated list shows 500, D supplement vague, standard 3/8 BSF nut is 98, would be great if someone could check their D
My old Harpers parts list for series D does not show a locknut( MO 90). The bike however does have one.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
I've just checked a bike with a D RFM at the Spares Co and the thread is 3/8" BSF.
The lock nut should be part no 198 or if you want a thin nut 558.
Ian