Misc: Electric Starters Fitting A Grosset Starter While Twin Is On Walker Engine Cradle

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've asked this previously and hopefully someone may be able to answer. I'm considering a Grosset starter but I'd sure
like to put my bike on my Norman Walker engine cradle during installation. The cradle has to be notched out to clear
the starter of course, and I'd like to see a photo of just where to do the surgery. I can't put the bike on the cradle and
install the starter, as the cradle will be in the way.
In fact, I did carve out a section of the front of the cradle to clear my prop stands and I was ever so lucky in my
measurements as the cuts were perfectly executed and the bike sits on the thick fiberglass stand beautifully. I built
a box for the cradle and am able to hoist the machine into place easily. I also made a front wheel holder, thus
allowing me to remove the front end and just roll it away, with no lifting, shifting, etc. It's joy to work with the bike
in the cradle, so if one you happen to have a cradle that has been modified to accept the starter I'd sure like to see
photos of where to cut it.

Attachments

• Vincent On Box Stand.JPG
    Vincent On Box Stand.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Vin Rebuild.jpg
    Vin Rebuild.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 35