Dave Eckett

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dave is mentioned in footnote 54 on page 69 of Philippe Guony's book, Vincent Motorcycles: The Untold Story since 1946.

David

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
I remember Dave from the North London Section in the 70's many of the section were racers Dave Jones, Pete Biles etc. One occasion comes to mind when Dave Eckett bump started his twin to leave and the brake drum exploded. Within 1/2 hour the wheel was turned round, sprocket refitted and he was off again.
Ian

G

Graham Smith

For info, if you ever want to search for anything that appears on this website, you can always click HERE:

Or click the 'Search' button that looks like this:

Screenshot 2019-12-20 at 10.19.24.jpg

It's a pretty sophisticated search facility and you can make it as basic or advanced as you like.

vibrac

VOC Member
It gets upset with short search terms even though they are pretty unique eg UFM or ACU on the other hand a more common 3 letter word would swamp you (eg MAN) in results

Certainly judging by some questions on here (myself included) its not used enough

vibrac

VOC Member
I'm one who has asked about this. If it's so sophisticated, could someone please describe its abilities and give some guidance? For example, a search for "Series D engine case" comes up with this: https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/search/15856/?q=Series+D+engine+case&o=date which includes an untold number of irrelevant posts
Its best to keep the search term to one word I guess a search with 'D' in it will pick up quite a few references! 'engine' a few more and 'case' a few more. Instead a search of 'crankcase' may limit it a bit. I dont know if a boolean search is fully implemented but enclosing the term in inverted columns does not seem to work